07 October, 2011

Skip Bayless and Crew

Skip Bayless and Crew   

I saw today a story which aired I believed on ESPN, where Skip Bayless said, " While I was laying on the couch watching the Cowboy game and saw Romo throw a pick six which was intercepted by Bobby (Barbie) CarpenterI wondered if Romo had subliminal thoughts and threw the ball to Carpenter on purpose."  That has to be the most stupid comment I have ever heard come out of the mouth of any sports reporter. However you have to understand, it was Skip Bayless that said this, so I took the comment as just a Bayless asinine statement. Bayless is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. With that said, I am still stunned that even Bayless came up that thought. 

The scrutiny of Romo continues, and more than likely will not stop until Romo wins a Super Bowl championship. It is unfair, however that is life in the NFL, provided that you are the Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys or you are the Quarterback of an NFL team and fight dogs for fun; if you are in that category, your life will be miserable. The scrutiny of Tony Romo goes beyond anything I have ever seen. It is beyond bizarre. 



The NFL channel and ESPN make a living on scrutinizing Tony Romo. It is just not report the facts and move on, it is questioning his intelligence and anything else one could imagine. It is what it is, but I do believe that there are 32 other QB's in the league that hadve had meltdowns. However it is the Cowboys. I believe the whole issue boils down to is that the Cowboys are the most popular football team in the nation, and it bothers people that the Cowboys are still "Americas Team".





 
Sapp on Romo:
"I don’t think he has the potential to raise his game," Sapp said on NFL Total Access. "We’re talking about a guy that’s from Eastern Illinois, and when you look at the young man, undrafted in this league and then he had 17 starts before they gave him a 6-year, $67 million contract. When you look at this contract, from ’07 until now we’re in ‘10, they really haven’t got a lot of return for their money that they gave an undrafted guy in this league."

"So if I’m looking at that, I don’t think he fits that glove of knowing what the stage is. And if you don’t know what that stage is, it’s tough to perform on it."

I have no idea what Sapp is saying, and Sapp has no idea what he is saying, how in the hell does getting a contract make a difference. Yes, Romo has not had a championship since his contract, it just goes to show you the thought pattern. Sapp is a Romo hater. If you want to see a valid explanation, look no further than what Kurt Warner says about Romo. That is valid, and makes very good sense, but that is coming from a QB, not a defensive player who has no clue of the position. 

Warner on Romo:
"I believe Tony Romo's a Top-10 quarterback in this league. I believe he has all the tangibles to be able take that team to the Super Bowl," Warner added. "I just think they need to figure out the pieces within the organization. You look at them -- all kinds of talent -- but they haven't been able to put everything together. And whether that's leadership, whether that's continuity, whether that's some changes that need to take place, I don't what it is.

"But I don't believe Tony Romo's the problem. I think he's safe in Dallas for a long time to come, and I think he'll continue to succeed year in and year out because he's that kind of talent."

I understand criticism comes with the game, that is the life in the NFL, especially when you are the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. What I do not understand is the over kill feeding frenzy attitude on Tony Romo. He puts on his jock just like the rest of the NFL players in the NFL, one leg at a time. 

Report the story for what it is, and move on to the next.
The criticism is not going to stop, I have no problem getting on Romo's case, but do it, and move on, it is just the constant Romo bashing on a daily basis that gets old. I feel for the next Dallas Cowboy QB, whoever that might be, is watching and saying, don't draft me, don't draft me. Please don't draft me. 

Well that is it today, if you have any thoughts, let me know your thoughts..


Go Cowboys...



 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Shady's Recon, this site will be dedicated to the Dallas Cowboys and the Fans. Comments are welcomed. Please keep it civil, No RACIST statements or VULGAR Comments will be permitted on this site.